Solomon Carter Jones is Here

Solomon Carter Jones is finally here! He was born Saturday, December 10th @ 10: 20pm. He was 6lbs. 9oz. 19 3/4 inches long.

Birth Story

We were scheduled for an induction on Monday morning, December 12th. I was going to go in on Sunday evening December 11th, which was my original EDD, where they were going to give me Cervidil. Cervidil basically softens and opens the cervix. Then, they were going to start me on Pitocin Monday morning. Well Solomon, had his own agenda. Saturday morning, about 1:50 am, I woke up with pretty strong contractions, but they weren’t timeable yet. I was told if they feel like real contractions, move around or try to go back to sleep. If they persist no matter what you do, they are most likely real contractions. I tried to go to sleep, but they didn’t go away. Still, they were manageable.


Around 4am, I woke Gary up, as they were between 5 and 10 minutes apart. Still manageable. I figured they probably weren’t real because I could still talk through them, although I had to breath through them. All of a sudden, it hit me. A real, strong contraction. I literally yelled out in agony, as the pain was too much to bear. I held onto the bedpost, and attempted to breath through the contraction, but it was just to much to handle. I knew it was time. I laid there waiting for the next agonizing contraction to come. They soon were 1-2 minutes apart, and very painful. I attempted to take a shower, while Gary packed some last minute things for us for the hospital stay.


We finally arrived, and checked into labor and delivery at 6am. The doctor checked me, and I was still 2 cm., however my blood pressure was very high–179/113. They admitted me, and gave me magnesium sulfate, which was supposed to help lower my blood pressure. About an hour later, after I had thrown up during each contraction because of the intense pain, they gave me the epidural. I remember telling my dad the epidural was God in liquid form. I couldn’t believe how much better I felt.


Fast forward–16 hours later, I had labored to 9 cm, and they start prepping the room for my son’s delivery. I was in pain as the epidural was starting to become less and less effective, however, I was excited to be delivering my baby boy. They checked me about 30 minutes later, and I was 9 1/2 cm. We were getting close! They checked me about an hour later, and I was still 9 1/2 cm. They checked me 2 hours later, and I was still 9 1/2 cm. The dr. didn’t want me to go beyond 16 hours, especially because of my blood pressure.


They finally told me I was going to have to have a c-section. He wasn’t going to come down anymore, because he was head down, belly up. I was so upset, because I really wanted a vaginal delivery. Gary comforted me, and told me it was best for the baby. I quickly got over it, and they started prepping me for the c-section. About 30 minutes later, Solomon Carter Jones was born! The surgery was painful–more intense pressure than anything else, but it was quick, and I finally got to meet the little person who was moving around in my belly all this time!


We are so in love with our son. He is the greatest gift God could’ve ever given us. Even through the long nights of feeding him and rocking him to sleep, I thank God for entrusting us with such a special little boy.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s